What to Expect at Your Home Visit
First, we do a comprehensive questionnaire to learn more about your hearing history and needs. We will do a visual inspection of your ear canal using a video otoscope (tiny camera). This allows you to see what we see. Your hearing loss may be due to a foreign object or cerumen (ear wax). We will refer you to an otologist (ear doctor) if there are any abnormalities.We are certified to remove most debris if you have any wax impacted in your ears.
Next, we conduct a complete audiological evaluation. This includes air conduction (using traditional headphones and pure tones), bone conduction (using a bone vibrator behind your ear and pure tones). The results are plotted on a chart like the one here:
Next, we do speech testing. We are looking for:
- MCL (most comfortable level)
- UCL (the level at which sounds start to become uncomfortable)
- SRT (speech reception threshold)... the lowest level of speech at which you can understand at least 50%, and speech discrimination
- Using words delivered at your MCL, we determine how well your brain comprehends speech. These tests are done on each ear independently as well as binaurally (both ears together.)
Full Range Services through At Home Hearing Healthcare
- In Home Appointments
- No waiting rooms or waiting.
- No traffic or weather issues. We come to you.
- Extended convenient hours, 8 am to 8 pm Monday through Saturday
- Top hearing aid brands
- Comprehensive Hearing Exam
- Hearing Assessments
- Selecting and fitting hearing aids
- Recommending assistive listening devices
- Quarterly Ear and Hearing Aid Otoscope exams and cleanings
- Custom earmolds
- Sleeping (snoring partner?)
- Regular hearing checks to monitor any changes in hearing levels